The clicker is an effective training tool that produces a very distinct and consistent sound (click) and is used to mark the desirable behaviour of the dog.
Clicker training is a form of positive reinforcement and science based training and it does a great job in helping you communicate better with your dog.
This clicker features:
- Small size (6 x 4 x 1.75 cm), lightweight and easy to carry. It has a comfortable design that fits all palm sizes.
- Made of durable stainless steel and ABS plastic that is resistant to rust.
- Raised big button for easy clicking that comes back up without getting stuck.
- It comes with an elastic wrist strap which helps grabbing it faster and clicking on time. You can either strap it around your wrist or clip it on your treat bag, belt loop or trousers.
- Loud and clear sound that dogs are able to hear even in noisy urban environments.
- Available in 5 different colours to match it with your dog’s walking gear and accessories.
- You are also free to use it with other animals as well. So, don’t hesitate to try it with your cat, horse, chicken, mouse etc
How to use it:
- Have the dog in front of you, click and immediately give them a treat.
- Repeat this step for at least 8-10 repetitions. You need to create a positive association with the sound, that’s why you pair it with something tasty. The dog doesn’t have to do anything in this step.
- Now that your dog has started to make the connection between the sound and the treat, you can request them to do a specific behaviour such as “SIT”. When they put their bum on the floor, you click (marking the desired behaviour) and give them the treat.
- Teach any behaviour/cue with the help of the clicker, always clicking/marking on time. Don’t forget that every click needs to be followed by a treat.