At Woof me we know that you love your dog and you want the best for them, that is why we came up with the services above. We have talked with loads of dog owners and we have taken into consideration all the issues they are facing with their dogs so we developed 5 different plans we believe that suit in most dog owners.
Woof Me offers private training lessons in your home so there is no need to worry about distance, time or travel costs. In-home training is an excellent choice for getting your dog trained in any obedience cues or behavioural issues. We, however, offer the option of doing remote lessons, especially if there is a behavioural issue that only requires tips and advice.
Both options are great as you can learn from the comfort of your home.
Here are some benefits you will have by choosing us:
- A FREE Online Meet & Greet appointment in order to get to know each other and talk about what it’s best for you and your dog.
- Free e-mail and phone support during the training period.
- You may also benefit from Clicker Training that is used for some training needs. (In that case, a FREE clicker is provided)
- Your dog will receive a fancy certificate if booking a package.
- Most lessons run approximately one hour, but may run longer or shorter depending on the lesson purpose. The follow up lessons usually take less time.
- Some behavioural problems may need the assistance of specialized dog or vet behaviourists and medicines. We will suggest you to refer to any of the above if we consider it necessary.
Woof Me’s Dog Training Methods
By choosing to train your dog though positive reinforcement you can easily create a strong and long-lasting trust between you two. Implementing positive reinforcement on dog training simply means that you always reward the behaviours you like and want to see them happening again and ignore or manage the behaviours that are considered unwanted for you.
The use of this technique has proven to be very effective and the most important part is that dogs and owners actually feel good and happy during each session. Furthermore, dogs who are trained with these kinds of methods tend to become more intelligent and enjoy the whole process of training.
Woof me can guarantee that you and your dog will develop an excellent bond through our services and you will both have fun by learning some of the most essential cues. Dog and owners’ relationship will always be our first priority.
The Importance of Puppy Training
Who doesn’t love puppies? They are more than cute, fluffy, excited and want to greet and meet everyone! They are all lovely! But if you just brought a puppy home and you don’t know where to start, it might become a bit confusing; It’s the moment when we step in to help you.
It is extremely important to start your puppy training from the beginning in order to start building good habits quicker and for a lifetime. Puppies come with many unwanted for us behaviours and that is something every owner should take into consideration. Mouthing, nipping, soiling in the house, jumping up are only some issues that you will face when living with a puppy.
Socializing your puppy is maybe the first step you should take because it will help him adjust properly in to our society. The puppy must be able to react normally in the inside and outside world by the age of 16 months. In order to achieve this, we need to create a safe environment for him and gradually expose him in to different stimuli such as sounds, smells, many kinds of flooring, people, animals, vehicles and other sights or situations that he will face in his future life. Our final goal is a puppy that will be familiar and comfortable with the humane world.
The right socialization also рrераrеs оur puppy to deal with new сhаllеngеѕ that will ѕhоw up throughout his lіfе easily. Our puppy service is an excellent choice for you and your puppy because you will learn how to address any issues in a positive way without causing any fear or discomfort to your little pooch. Instead, you will be able to create a strong relationship that will lead you to a very easy and trouble-free daily routine.
4 Useful Training Tips
- Start Your Training ImmediatelyEither you have a puppy or an adult dog, it is never too late to put the training in to your schedule. It is really important to hire a professional dog trainer that will give you the right guidance on the problems you face. It is advisable to pay attention to your dog’s behaviour all the time and as soon as you notice something strange or unusual to ask for help.Prevention is always the key to many problems, however it is understandable that sometimes we need a hand when issues arise. The fastest a solution is taken, the better. So, don’t wait any more. The time is now. Get in touch as soon as possible.
- Keep Your Sessions ShortPuppies have limited attention span than adult dogs so we need to keep our training lessons short. Although, this rule applies mostly to puppies, we should take in to consideration that adult dogs can get tired easily and may feel the need to give up the session. That’s why we advise dog owners to train their dog or a puppy for about 5 minutes each time and always end the session in a positive tone meaning that your pooch still shows enough interest to the process.
- Train Every DaySo that your puppy or adult becomes obedient and well-behaved, you will need to put a lot of work and effort into his training process. Praise, rewards (treats or toys) and patience are the essential stuff every determined dog owner should have. Find 3-4 times a day to practice all the cues or spend quality training time with your doggy. I’m sure that all of us have about 5 minutes free time 3-4 times a day.
- Walk Your DoggyTaking your puppy or adult dog out is a great way to exercise their body and their mind. Walking your dog is very important because it helps keep them socialized throughout their lives. Dogs love to explore new environments and smells and that is something we should never keep it away from them. Take it as a great opportunity to exercise yourself too and be active!
Common Behavioural Issues
- Toilet TrainingPuppies cannot control their bladder and they need to urinate every one or two hours. That is why they start eliminating anywhere. Unfortunately, they don’t come at our homes knowing that the toilet should be only outdoors. For this reason we need to be patient and use some kind of management to prevent this behaviour from happening.
- Puppy NippingPuppies explore the world with their mouth. This is completely natural behaviour. Unfortunately, they also use their teeth and most of the times, they tend to bite our hands or legs. That can be very painful and we completely understand it. Thankfully, there are some nice and easy tips that can help owners deal with this frustrating habit.
- Separation AnxietySeparation anxiety is when a dog exhibits distress and destructive behaviours when is separated from its owner. This problem is considered very stressful for both dog and owner and it requires a lot of work to be done in order to make the dog feel safe and comfortable without the presence of it’s owner. A behaviour modification plan, some good advice and of course patience and effort from dog owner’s side are needed to address this issue.
- Jumping UpThe reason most dogs jump up to people is that they are happy to see them and want to greet them. This is cute when they are still puppies but when they start to grow up and gain some weight, it becomes annoying and unacceptable. There are plenty of methods to deal with this behaviour and make our dog to greet people in a polite way.
- Resource GuardingResource Guarding is when a dog protects a valuable for him resource and reacts aggressively (growls, snaps, bites) whenever he is approached by someone because he perceives it as a threat. Resource Guarding can be treated but it needs time and devotion. When addressing this kind of behaviour, it is really important to not give our dog valuable items and manage the environment so that he cannot practice this behaviour again until it is treated with the help of professional dog trainer.